2009年9月17日星期四

vi,vim,gvim have changed their layout in Archlinux

Some things I have to mention about the pacman update beside what I've mentioned before are the changes of vi, vim and gvim.
There is no default vimrc any more. So when I opened my vim today, I saw no syntax highlight! If you encounter the same issue, probably, you would merge your ~/.vimrc with /usr/share/vim/vim72/vimrc_example.vim (or gvimrc in case you use gvim) just like what I've done :P

UPDATE:
After this update, files/directories under /usr/share/vim are no longer loaded. If you have any plugins or syntax or colorschemes, etc lying under that directory, move them into your ~/.vim or /usr/share/vim/vimfiles. Due to this change, my vim-rails plugin which was installed by pacman doesn't work any more. Maybe you will find the same problem.

Besides, now vim in archlinux will load a configuration file named archlinux.vim which is located under /usr/share/vim/vimfiles, this file will set some global settings for you. If you don't like what it does for you, just change it in your ~/.vimrc or /etc/vimrc. Don't change this file because it will be updated every time you update your vim.

没有评论: